🔒 60-DAY GUARANTEE ON EVERY ORDER

Call us Toll Free

855-325-3069

Harley-Davidson's New Slogan - What to think?

I'll confess something... I'm sometimes a bit resistant when it comes to big changes.

I'm having a love/hate relationship with this new HD tagline... and let me tell you why in a moment. First, let's take a look at the former one:

"It's not the destination, it's the journey."

So, ok. It is a great tagline, because I do believe it speaks for most bikers I've known. Living the moment of being on a motorcycle is why we do this.

A motorcycle provides you with intense contact with the elements around you - like weather, smells, wind on face, and so much more.

To me that phrase evokes deep memories, moments which define me. It's who I am.

Some might argue that this does not represent everyone, or it's been worn out, or that it's just too boring and old.

Which brings us to the new tagline.

"So screw it, let's ride."

Alright. I can see this. I had many, many "fuck it, let's ride" moments before. Too many to even count. But there's something about this that sounds almost like someone who doesn't really care.

I don't know, this one doesn't make me think of the "why" I ride - that feeling that only a looong ride can provide.

I know I sound like a dinosaur, but I feel like HD is part of my family, as crazy as this may sound.

But, hey, who am I to judge. It's my feeling and I'm definitely not trying to tell HD what's best for their company.

Maybe they're trying to appeal to a younger crowd, new customers... I know they've been through a bit of rollercoaster these past years.

I just hope they don't forget about the older ones.

And you, what did you think about the new slogan? Leave a comment and let me know!

Comments

Paige Davidson on August 19 2017 at 11:30AM

I could careless about brands and logos, I do however like the new slogan. BUT, you will never see me wear it. Obviously, they are trying to appease to the younger generations.
Nobody I ride with wears Harley gear anyways and we build our own bikes. I’ve been to several rallies lately that are dying out due to nothing ever changing, the same old crap every year. If you want people to come you have to switch it up and appeal to the younger folks too. The ABATE around here are starting to realize this as well. Who cares though just ride and enjoy life! RIP POPS!!

Bob Barth on August 19 2017 at 10:45AM

dont like it either. and after all the issues w harley between my family, I, and the quality issues, switched to Indian. Simply cannot top the ride, quality. slogan? always take care of business first, makes the ride so much more comfortable, fulfilling! if i said screw it lets ride, wont b long before U couldnt own one!!!

Steve on August 18 2017 at 10:14PM

I think the slogan is good. As far as the language and christians go , really people ? Give me a break. America is about freedom and riding. So screw it , let’s ride.

Bridget Childers on August 18 2017 at 08:41PM

Oh my god ! did you people forget where you came from we are the hippies we are the eighties we are the original millenniuals, we were the journey and now we have the money to take us to whatever Journey we want. So let up on those kids because they got it from us. You sound like your parents… we turned out okay! And yes Harley-Davidson is trying to sell to the youth because riding motorcycles is down across the board on motorcycles for younger Generations but there’s no need to say all those uhkind remarks because we were all doing the same things they are Remember Woodstock?. For me yes it is a journey…. our journey to our destination when we meet the bikers along the way.. are new friends and enjoying old friends.. the places that we see… the things that we accomplish that is our destination . So the slogan o it’s not great, but it’s okay.. Riding is my freedom !

47ohv on August 18 2017 at 08:18PM

You have got to be kidding? Come on Harley, you can do better then that. One of the reasons my newest Harley is a 2010 Ultra Limited. Going to buy a newer harley???? NOT! 47FL, 65FLH, 76FLH, 03SERK, 2010Ultra Limited

Ron b Shyken on August 18 2017 at 07:41PM

I like the new slogan.I have been riding motorcycles for more than 30 yrs my first H-D is a 1995 FXSTC Which I proudly still own and have toured on.Since then I have purchased 2 more Harley Davidson motorcycles and a Buell. As a child watching a Harley pass me on the street , gave me a feeling I can only express to maybe meeting a girl you had a crush on , or a Roller coaster,. Which I never out grew. I love that feeling every time I swing a leg over my bike . H-D is and always will be about family , Loyalty, Respect and freedom .If you don’t like the new slogan ,cool.I don’t care it’s your choice In our country you have the privilege to your onion. But in the meantime ,SCREW IT LET’S RIDE

Russell Harris on August 18 2017 at 07:16PM

I don’t care for the new slogan. It has too much of a negative connotation or “don’t give a damn” attitude. When things get tough, then just chuck the responsibilities and hit the road. There’s too much negativity nowadays. “It’s not the destination, it’s the journey” evokes a more positive mind set of adventure and good things to come. If the new slogan is meant to attract a newer customer base, they’re going for the ones still living in their parents’ basement and expect something for nothing.

Shelly on August 18 2017 at 07:11PM

I love both slogans! We, as a nation, are becoming too soft! Both are great and both reflect our riders! The “soft” side of our society needs to chill! ALL of us have an opinion and both are valid! I can only pray that Harly doesn’t go “soft”!’nn

James Bolf on August 18 2017 at 06:59PM

The original slogan is classic. I feel what they are saying n love it. The new slogan however is obviously something new, but something different. Change is not only inevitable but nessary. Personally I dig it, I can relate! So Brothers + Sisters, don’t over analyze this slogan. Roll with the changes as u would an AWSOME road! And that’s all I have to say about that.

Michael Giron on August 18 2017 at 06:33PM

so a decision on whether or not to spend upwards of 30 grand on a motorcycle will be swayed by a slogan?

Jar Hernandez on August 18 2017 at 06:27PM

Don’t like it one bit, won’t use it won’t buy anything that has it on it.

Jody Woods on August 18 2017 at 06:15PM

The slogan is perfect! When people trailer their bikes to rides like Sturgis, Laughlin, Hollister, etc. they miss the whole concept of motorcycle riding. It is not the destination, it is the journey there and back. It really does not matter what you ride, as long as you ride and enjoy it

Papi on August 18 2017 at 03:54PM

it is always the journey so in combination with “It’s not the destination, it’s the journey.” we should combine the 2 and
say It’s not the destination, it’s the journey. so screw it and lets ride". it is all semantics and the bottom line is
THE RIDE, be safe all.

Susan Stanfield on August 18 2017 at 01:42PM

I think it’s disgusting! It’s going to put off a lot of people, especially Christians, like myself, who own bikes. I like the old one better and they need to stay with it. Harley is starting to mess up their own reputation.

Barry Gray on August 18 2017 at 01:04PM

I don’t like it. There are times when a little harsh language is most appropriate, but in light of all the hate and division from both the right and the left, it seems to me that we should be focusing on what unites us as riders. I’m sure my view is very different from some. I am a pastor and ride with a Christian Motorcycle Association chapter in New Jersey called the Light House Riders. And I am not a fan of crassness for the sake of it.

Lea Tharp on August 18 2017 at 12:28PM

I Love the new slogan!

Nelson Coy on August 18 2017 at 12:24PM

I’ve been a motorcyclist for close to 20 years and have always loved that Harley Davidson, even though I don’t ride a Harley. I could always relate to, “it’s not the destination, it’s the journey”. Do not like the new slogan at all. Peace

Tana Vasquez on August 18 2017 at 12:23PM

While I too have had the f*** it lets ride I don’t feel the new tag line is how I’d want to represent a company that’s been around for over 100 years. It had the vibe of the current generation which appears to show lack of responsibility. Screw it let’s not work today. Screw it I don’t have time to stop and help those people broke down on the road. I too feel the old slogan is what motorcycle riding is about. Taking that long ride going down roads less traveled and learning something new about your surroundings and maybe yourself

William Robertson on August 18 2017 at 12:22PM

I feel like it’s a bad choice of words.Not everyone have that kind of mind set. I love my Harley Davidson 2 in fact but I am 68yrs old and I have some repect for myself and Others.

franco portillo on August 18 2017 at 11:49AM

Agree with you comments, this one doesn’t make me think of the “why” I ride. Some people might not care but the previous slogan had a message;
“IT’S NOT THE DESTINATION, IT’S THE JOURNEY.” Perhaps they are trying to identify themselves with the Millenniums who are not purchasing HD I think INDIAN has a great slogan “Enjoy the Ride with US” I was at Sturgis this past week and tested the INDIAN Roadmaster, handled better than my Street Glide 15, I presently own.

Cork Powell on August 18 2017 at 11:18AM

Hate it. Feeble attempt to attract youth. Trying to make us look like we don’t give a dam about anything, so let’s take a ride. ?